Thursday, December 16, 2010

Stan Krzyzanowski and the Cone Wall


Stan Krzyzanowski was my wood shop instructor at OCAD in Toronto when I was doing my BFA. His work is so awesome!! Check out his flip books and his Cone Wall piece. His show at Earth Ship opens Friday December 17th. It's so beautiful...I could look at it forever. The cones open and close making designs on the wall in their sea of coniness. It's actually breathtaking....

Here is a picture of Stan's Pine Cone Oscillator on view at Roadside Attractions. It's made with: pine cone, tooth pick, Stamp microcontroller, electronic components, lamps, multi-meter, motor, water with bottle and drain, clock, wood.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Stan Krzyzanowski said...

Anna Jane was my student at OCAD in Toronto when she was doing her BFA. Her work was and is FABULOUS! So fresh fun and exciting. I miss you Anna very much. Please come back to Toronto!

Stan

December 21, 2010 at 8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh LOrd! I love you STAN! I know he can't hear me, but it just makes me feel better.

(it's camila again)

December 27, 2010 at 4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home