Sunday, October 17, 2010

Identity Politics and Animal Poetry


HA! You thought those two things couldn't go together huh? Well, here it is in a shiny new Hamilton Arts & Letters issue three.2 Traffic. O my...


(time passes)

By the way, this piece on the right here is called, Fucking lavender on my fucking table in fucking June. Mmmmmm why so foul-mouthed? Well I first did this intaglio in 2008 from a sketch I was sort of pleased with from my home. I was very shocked to discover that as a print it was completely horrible and saccharine and looked like the first ever print of a first-time printer. It was horrible ewwwwwwwwwwwwww yuck! I immediately made amends by giving it a feisty title to spice it up and then later during a dull slow street sale dreamt in the watercolour animals. It amused me to see people peering in to get a closer look. Hee heeee I'd laugh to myself! At Puces Pop, I eventually sold it, to a man even though I really tried to point out the rude title. I was sad to see it go. I actually tried to dissuade him from buying it!!! But I desperately needed the moola. O the prostitutionary elements of being an artist hmmmmmmmmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home